A few weeks ago I was approached by Ecocentric Mom to review one of their boxes. I love doing these types of box reviews, specially for green/eco-friendly products specially geared towards moms. I don’t know about you, but I’m a busy work at home, homeschooling mom of three and I just don’t have the time to look for the best products for my kids. Who has time to shop? Not this gal. Ecocentric Mom puts together a box every other month full of organic, eco-friendly products for you to sample at home. Super convenient.
They have many different types of boxes, and I asked if I could review the mom and baby box since I have a 5 month old little boy. When I first got my little box, I wondered how much stuff you could actually get in such a small box. I was kinda ready to be disappointed, but after I started digging in I was shocked at how many things were packed inside this little box.
When I opened it up, right on top was a card with lots of information about the items packed inside. This was new.
And then I started pulling things out. Unpacking, and unpacking…
What you can’t see in this picture were my kids hovering behind me. They wanted to grab all the snack bits and run. So what was included in this box?
1. Mama loves Me. This book apparently is out of print! Cute little book that is hard to find nestled cutely in this box. I googled other reviews for this box, and apparently little card books are a regular. Love it. I’m already reading books to my little guy and these books fit easily in the diaper bag and are ready to go. On the book it says it’s value is $6.99.
2.Natural Seal, 1 oz bottle. Never heard of this stuff before but I like having it on hand. My daughter is a little swimmer, and we have a first aid kit that goes with us to practice and to every swim meet. We got to try out the product first day (thanks to the dangers of homeschooling…paper cuts. The struggle is real). My daughter was pleasantly surprised it didn’t hurt, her tearful protest ended right after I sprayed it on her. I’m glad to see it came with a coupon….it doesn’t expire either, so I’ll be on the look out for this product when I ever get a chance to get out. The 1 oz. bottle is valued at around $12.
3. One packet of Amara dried apples baby food. Another product I had never heard of. What a neat idea to have dried baby food for whenever you’re out with baby. We camp, and we travel and on our next trip I will be sure to stock up on these for my little man. What a fabulous little find. Moisten it with water or breast milk and you have your little one’s lunch. Love it. The one package’s value is about $1.50.
4. Pura Botanica Fusions “Pick me up” Bath salts. This one obviously for momma. After a long day of taking care of everyone else’s needs, we should take some time for ourselves and recharge so we can do it all again tomorrow. Right? These salts are lovely! So refreshing. They retail for $11.99, but I found them on Amazon for $7.50. Either way a nice addition to the box. Four products in, and I’ve hit my $24.99 price for the box, and I’m done yet. MOAR!
5. Bum Boosa Baby Wipes. I received two samples of these wipes, and they went straight into my first aid kit again. This may not have been the most valuable addition to the box, but I love sampling natural products that I will use day in and day out. Super useful to have these little packets to wipe bums or boo boo’s with, even if the value of them is negligible.
6. Snack Out Loud Crunchy Bean Snack, tomato basil. I didn’t get picture of this one by itself because my hovering children took off with it after I snapped the group photo above. I didn’t even get to try them, they wolfed them down (because you know…I don’t ever feed them). Apparently they didn’t read the part where it was healthy because it disappeared. The value of the one package was $1.79.
7. Flavorz Organic Sports Drink Mix. I didn’t get a picture of this one either. My daughter couldn’t wait to try it. Lots of the girls on her swim team bring gatorade and other sports drinks to practice and I don’t allow my daughter to drink it because of food colorings and other sugars that I think are just unhealthy. We mixed it up right away and put it in her water bottle. She brought it with her to practice that night even. She loved it. So glad we now have an alternative to gatorade! The value of the one package of mix is about $1.29.
8. Kelapo Coconut Oil, two pouches. Something I’ve actually seen before, yay for not being completely uninformed. I’ve sampled this oil in the past, and was glad to see it in this box. This got tucked away for future camping trips. Loving the little pouches. This valued at about $2.00.
9. eInvite Idea Catchers. Cute little sampler of quality card stock idea catchers. Perfect to tuck away in your purse to catch phone numbers or any other notes you need to take down. Great little addition. Valued at about $5.o0
10. Coupons!! Tucked inside was a 20% off coupon to O&N Collective. O&N Collective is an online apothecary specializing in certified organic and natural skin and personal care products. Something else to check out!
Overall I’m pretty impressed with the quality and the selection in this box. I love it when these boxes introduce me to new products for me to sample and try. The mom and baby box was perfect for me and my little man. A subscription would make a lovely gift for a shower gift for any expecting mom you might know. Because really…new moms as much as we’d love to, just rarely have the time to get out there and get shopping.
If you’re interested in getting your own box just follow this link. Boxes are delivered once every other month and are $24 a box. That includes shipping. For a limited time if you use the code “ecolove2015” you’ll receive $5 off your first box. Enjoy!
Things you should know. I was not paid to write this post, but I did receive the box free for review. If you click on the links and order your own box, I will receive a small compensation for you doing so. If you love the box, and love the blog it’s a great way to help support my blog at no extra cost to you. I sure would appreciate it! Xo!!