Thanksgiving is almost here, and once you’ve made the huge dinner the last thing you’ll want to do is do more cooking. You have all these leftovers though, and you need something easy and yummy. This recipe is done all in one pan, and it’s so fast and yummy. It can be adapted to whatever you have leftover, too. Add green beans, cabbage, any vegetable will pretty much work.
Here’s what you need:
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 onion, sliced
* 1 1/4 cup of pumpkin mash
* 2 cups roasted carrots (leftovers from last night)
* 1 cup of chicken stock
* 2 cups of shredded turkey pieces
* 1 tbsp oregano salt and pepper to taste
* (opt.) I had some celery laying around so I tossed them in too.
2. After onions are clear, add in pumpkin puree and roasted carrots (boiled or cooked carrots work too).
3. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add in chicken stock, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add turkey and salt and pepper, and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
Let it cool, then enjoy! One of the most simple meals you can throw together. My kids are a good gauge if something is good, and they love it when I make this. We tend to have lots of turkey leftovers so this is made many times throughout the winter. Feel free to doctor it up, it’s super flexible.