For Valentine’s Day I connected with multiple bloggers for a caveman love muffin swap. It was so fun! I was inspired to come up with a new recipe for muffins to participate and this, my darlings, is what I came up with. Paleo Chocolate Chunk Love Muffins! I made these up and shipped them out to my fellow bloggers, if you’d like to see what they had to say, find me on instagram and look for the hashtag #cavemanlovemuffins. You’ll find us all.
Since having my baby, I’ve had to work hard to balance my weight, milk supply and my cranial pressure issues. It’s been a struggle for sure, but then I can have little treats like this. It doesn’t feel like I’m missing much at all when I can whip up something this good.
For the chocolate chunks, they are a tiny cheat. Just a tiny one, but if you use the “Enjoy Life” brand, you can find it here, they are soy free, gluten free chocolate chunks. If you want to go light on the chocolate, you can do chips, or swap it out for some organic raisins. It really is a special treat though to have that warm muffin with gooey hot chocolate. I won’t tempt you too much. Here’s the recipe, enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/honey
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup smashed macadamia nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the flours, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry bowls in a mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and the macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Share with those you love!